Explanation

It's NOT a diet! It's a way of life...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fuzz Speech, and Helpful Tips

Okay so as I've mentioned in a earlier post...sorta this blog is changing...sorta
I'm still trying to stay away from gluten, sugar and dairy
BUT once again my "way of eating" has changed
Now I focus a lot on things easy to digest
Dr. T said that I need to take things slow. I was working out every day until things got worse and then I was lucky if I got off the couch. Now that I'm feeling better than I have in a really long time I want to be active again! However Doc said to take things slow. As in a walk, a deep breathing walk, not a heavy or hard breathing walk. What does that even mean? Well once again I pushed myself too far. I was doing a lot more than walking. And I paid for it. Big time.
Now that I'm feeling okay again though I'm scared to work out at all. And then I came across this:



I came across this video from http://www.glutenfreeforgood.com/blog/fuzz-food-inflammation-and-movement. After watching it and reading what Melissa from Gluten Free For Good said I pulled out my yoga mat...okay it's actually a towl...and decided to get rid of my fuzz! It's weird how the little things in life like stretching make such a big difference eh?

I also really liked what Melissa had to say because it talked about inflammation and how to help yourself get on the right track, and heaven knows I need all the help I can get with that! Here is a little bit of what she said:



"Here are 10 tips to get you started.

1. Eliminate or minimize processed foods, fast food and junk food. Avoid products containing trans-fats, partially hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup, chemicals, additives and other “non-food” ingredients. Sugar is also pro-inflammatory.
2. Choose healthy fats such as extra-virgin olive oil, coconut, avocados, nuts and seeds.
3. Avoid soda pop and opt for old-fashioned water or green tea. If you choose to drink alcohol, an occasional glass of red wine has been shown to be beneficial.
4. Choose a wide variety of fresh, colorful fruits and vegetables. Organic is best. Strive for 9 to 10 servings per day. Eat more veggies than fruit (5-6 servings of veggies, 3-4 servings of fruit). This is just a guideline.
5. Eat healthy non-gluten grains like teff, montina, quinoa, amaranth and brown rice. Legumes (beans, peas, lentils) are also a rich source of high-quality plant protein.
6. Choose nuts, seeds, raisins and dates for snacks or an occasional small serving of dark chocolate when you need a “sweet fix.”
7. Season foods with health-enhancing herbs and spices like garlic, capsicum, turmeric, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, parsley and cilantro. This list is endless.
8. The right balance of EFAs (essential fatty acids) is important. In general, omega-3s are anti-inflammatory and omega-6s are pro-inflammatory. I’ll do an entire post on this one of these days.
9. If you choose to eat animal products, 100% grass-fed, organic choices are best. Meat and dairy products from 100% grass-fed animals contain higher levels of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), which studies show may fight inflammation and have anti-cancer properties.
10. Reduce stress, think positive thoughts, get adequate sleep and exercise.

Bottom line?

Your body is a temple, not a trailer park."

No comments:

Post a Comment